Automatic Data Collection
Like most Web servers on the Internet, our servers collect and store all of the information that your web browser sends when it requests a web page, including:
- the name, domain, and numerical internet address of the “host” computer (typically a computer belonging to your Internet Service Provider and not your personal computer) from which you access the Internet. For example, your host computer’s name and its numerical address
- the date and time you accessed our site
- the Internet address of the web page that you came from
- the page you requested from our site and the number of characters sent to your computer
- the information your web browser software sends as its so-called “User Agent,” which typically identifies the browser software and may also indicate the operating system and type of CPU used in your personal computer
The ECS periodically summarizes and analyzes these log files to learn how visitors use content on the site. This information is used to allocate resources effectively and to improve the content, organization and performance of our site. This process does not collect, store or use personally-identifying information such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address.
A cookie is simply a small piece of information that a web server asks your browser to store on your local computer, and then later your browser presents this information to the web server. In its simplest form, a cookie is just an identifying number.
We do not know the identity of a person based on the numerical ID. The cookies used on our website do not contain any personal information about visitors, nor are they used to look up personal information about visitors. Even if you have entered information about yourself in one of our registration forms, we do not relate that information to the cookie data.
Links to Other Websites
These are the upcoming dates for our Annual General Meetings:
Thursday, 24 March 2022
Thursday, 23 March 2023
All ECS-events are taking place online until further notice.