Join the discussion online on 9th October at 08.30 – 09.30 AM (CET)
“The increase in China regulatory investigations in life sciences: why, how and where is it going?”
In recent months, there has been a sharp increase in regulatory investigations into the life sciences sector in China. Chinese authorities are, again, focusing on bribery and corruption involving pharma and medtech companies (both local and foreign), doctors and hospital procurement. This session will address:
- What is happening and who is being targeted?
- Which regulators are leading?
- Why is there an increase in investigations ?
- What is the overall risk to foreign pharma and medtech companies?
- What are companies doing to mitigate risk and properly respond if they are investigated?
This session will be presented by Kent D. Kedl, Partner at Control Risks. Kent is based in Shanghai where he has lived for over 35 years and leads the life sciences practice in Greater China. Kent has supported multiple life sciences companies facing regulatory investigations and he has a unique understanding of the commercial, legal and political factors involved.
This event is organised by the Working Groups on Life Science and WG on Anti-bribery and Corruption. The event will be co-hosted by Claudia Götz Staehelin and Patrick Wellens.
Note: The link to join the meeting will be sent to those who will register for the event.
- “The increase in China regulatory investigations in life sciences: why, how and where is it going?
9 October 2023
8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
These are the upcoming dates for our Annual General Meetings:
Thursday, 21 March 2024
Thursday, 20 March 2025
If you are an ECS member, you are cordially invited to our Annual General Meetings! Each AGM is followed by discussion on current compliance topics and an networking Apèro.